Thursday 30 March 2017

Wedding planning | 6 months to go

As I've said before, I am getting married this year and have really been enjoying all of the wedding planning, little details and being a bride to be. We are about 6 months away from the big day and there's still a lot to do. I have gotten a lot of help from a number of bridal magazines that give a step by step 12 month countdown and give you an indication of what to do at what stage. I thought I would do my own mini series sharing with you all what I have done to date and what I've still got left to do.

 I had thought about writing these posts after our wedding was over when I have an idea of everything that had gone to plan and things that I would have changed. However, I feel that by writing them at the time I'll be able to remember all of the detail and what I have done stage by stage.

Most wedding magazines have helpful plans detailing what to do at what stage
We have been engaged for about 6 months and we are getting married in about 6 months meaning that we will have had a year in total for planning the wedding. When we first got engaged I envisaged a 18 month gap between engagement and wedding as I felt that a year wasn't enough time. Now that we are half way through I am definitely happy with the 12 month gap between engagement and wedding. I feel that I am able to enjoy the wedding planning process and I have enough time to make decisions and enjoy being a bride to be, but it's not too much of a wait so that I feel I am waiting around or making decisions too far ahead. 

So far we have sorted out: 
  • The date (12 months before)
  • Wedding ceremony venue (11 months before)
  • Wedding party (11 months before)
  • Reception venue (11 months before)
  • Wedding catering (11 months)
  • Draft invite list (11 months before) 
  • Save the date magnets (10 months before)
  • Wedding dress (bought 10 months before) 
  • Photographer (10 months before)
  • Entertainment for reception evening (10-9 months before) 
  • Flowers (9 months before) 
  • Bridesmaid dresses (9 months before)
  • Hen party and Stag party (9 months before - planned by my wonderful sister (maid of honour) and my fiances brother (best man))
  • Honeymoon (8 months before) 
  • Accommodation for wedding night (6 months before) 

6 months to go - planner from paperchase 

We are now 6 months away and we have done the major tasks which means that the wedding will still happen regardless of what else we have to do. The next 6 months will be sorting out the finer details and the little touches that will make the wedding extra special. We still have to sort out: 
  • Makeup artist and hair for myself and bridesmaids
  • Legal aspects (wedding banns read/ marriage license) 
  • Wedding invitations (Currently being designed by CoconuTacha)
  • Wedding cars
  • Wedding cake 
  • Wedding menu final choices
  • Other wedding stationary (orders of service etc etc) 
  • Venue decorations and table centrepieces 
  • Wedding shoes for me
  • Alterations for my dress
  • Wedding rings
  • Grooms outfit and best man/ usher suits
  • Readings and music for ceremony
  • Music for the reception (before evening)
  • Wedding guestbook
  • Gifts for wedding party 
  • Seating plan  

Looking at the 'still to do' list is making me a teeeeeeeeeny bit anxious but I'm sure it will be okay and I'll manage to get it all done. Whilst it might be stressful on times, I am really looking forward to the next 6 months of wedding planning and of course getting to marry my best friend. 

Are you getting married? If so, how long until your big day and what do you have left to plan? 

xx A xx

No comments:

Post a Comment