Tuesday 4 April 2017

What I Ate Wednesday

I am a nosy person and I LOVE seeing what other people eat. These types of posts may not be everyone's cup of tea (the food related puns are starting already), but I really enjoy reading other peoples 'What I Ate Wednesday' posts and watching their vlogs as it motivates me to try new recipes and opens my eyes to meals I hadn't thought to make before!

I was working from home today which meant I had a little more flexibility and freedom to make lunch when I needed it as opposed to having to prepare it in the morning. When I am in the office, I am more of a grazer and eat small things throughout the day, but when I am at home I tend to have proper breaks and actual meals and snacks.

As you can see I wont be quitting my day job to become a food photographer anytime soon 

I failed with the photo taking today.....lets be real, I was too hungry to take fancy photos. I'll be better next time - promise! To make up for the lack of photos I'll put a little bit more information about what I ate:

Breakfast (8:30): 

I had weetabix (but Co-op own brand) with a splash of milk, blueberries and some honey. This generally fills me up for most of the morning and isn't too heavy. I need something quite light, quick and easy as usually I am trying to eat breakfast before rushing off to work and so weekdays usually call for this or my other go to breakfast - porridge!

Snack (10:30): 

Trusty banana to keep me going until lunch time

Lunch (12:00):

Salad complete with lettuce, a grated carrot, spring onions, tomatoes, a boiled egg, some rye bread topped off with olive oil and honey dressing.

I also had some yogurt with honey and blueberries as part of my lunch which filled me up

Treat time (17:30):

My lovely fiance brought me a Lindor egg home from work. It's only Easter once a year so I have to make the most with Easter themed treats!

Dinner (19:00):

Dinner was a joint effort and we made chicken burritos filled with chicken, rice, tomatoes, lime, lettuce and coriander. It may not have been the most instagramable meal but it certainly was delicious. 

Evening Snack (20:30)

My last snack before bed was another trusty banana. I usually don't have the same fruit twice in once day but i really fancied a banana. 

I am not sure I'll write these types of posts every week but it will certainly be something I do every once in a while. I think that it will help me eat a little bit healthier as I'd prefer not to have to write '2 bags of mini eggs' under lunch.....

Bye for now, 

xx A xx

No comments:

Post a Comment